US$120000.00 - US$130000.00 per annum
A limited-purpose trust company is seeking a Director of Accounting to lead its financial and accounting functions for family-related entities, which own a diversified portfolio of properties in multiple US real estate markets.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in leadership of accounting functions as well as strong financial analytical skills and will seamlessly integrate into a highly visible small team reporting to, and working on behalf of, the principals.
· Maintenance of general ledgers for all entities
· Preparation of daily financial reports
· Monthly/quarterly/annual close process
· Processing, clearing, servicing, and settlement of transactions.
· Balancing and reconciliation of accounts
· Preparation of work papers needed for the filing of income tax returns
· Coordination of tax preparation services by outside tax preparers
· Preparation of financial reports for, and presentation to, the Board of Directors
· Preparation of financial and other reports for relevant regulatory authorities
· Execute recommendations for accounting processes improvements arising from regulatory authority audits or internal controls audits
· Assist with the management of collectibles
· Execute additional projects and initiatives as may be necessary
· Supervision and training of accounting staff
· Four-year accounting degree or higher
· Eight or more years of experience with general ledger responsibility
· CPA is highly desirable
· Proficiency in accounting and investment applications
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Access
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The fair market assumption for this role is between $120,000 and $130,000 per annual.
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.