Assistant Project Manager - Infrastructure
- GBP35000 - GBP48000 per annum + additional benefits
- UK, Hampshire
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 3rd January 2018
- Job Type
Assistant Project Manager
Hampshire and London
£35,000 - £48,000 per annum plus additional benefits including pension, travel, holiday etc
A highly regarded Engineering and Management Consultancy has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join its business.
This client facing role will find you embedded within a project, working as part of a five strong consultancy team. This is a high profile energy project with a total investment value of circa £1bn.
This role sits within a wider advisory function of one of the world's leading Global Engineering and Management Consultancies. The business is renowned for delivering the worlds most prestigious projects and will certainly enhance your career development. Our client will actively support you across your professional development and offer a structured career path with clear promotion prospects.
- Support the preparation of the overall project programme
- Support the development of the programme for each major phase of work
- Support the management of the professional team to deliver correct elements to programme
- Ensure that the design meets the clients requirements
- Manage the processes involved in estimating, budgeting, and controlling costs
- Manage the change control procedure
- Oversee the progress of the Contractor and that they deliver to programme
- Prepare the handover plan, communicates this to the client
- Manage the handover of completed facilities to clients
- Author monthly client reports identifying key issues, matters for resolution and provides a clear and effective mechanism for exception reporting.
- Manage the procurement process
- Administer the construction and professional services contracts on behalf of the client
- Facilitate risk workshops, manages the risk register and ensures actions are closed out
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Hold a degree in a relevant subject and be working towards a professional qualification in Project and Programme management qualifications, such as MAPM, or equivalent.
- Hold strong experience of the delivery of infrastructure projects or programmes.
- Ideally have technical knowledge of HV electrical systems
- Be self-motivated, proactive and collaborative
- Be an excellent communicator (verbal, written and listening)
- Be highly adept in understanding client needs
- Have demonstrable project management experience having worked as part of a team on design and/or construction of infrastructure related schemes
This is an excellent opportunity with a leading Consultancy.
Please apply online with your current CV if you are interested in this role.