- GBP200 - GBP250 per day
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Building Surveying
- 2nd January 2018
- Job Type
A new and exciting opportunity has become available at a well-respected Housing Association based in London. You will be responsible for surveying, diagnosing and raising work orders for small scale works using the schedule of rates whilst aiming to deliver an efficient, personable and cost effective service to the organisations' tenants. You will be flexible with your approach to work and be able to tackle a variety of projects.
£200 - £250 Per Day
(Depending on Experience)
- Deliver effective contractor management, ensuring all services, expenditure, performance and KPI's are managed within agreed parameters and where appropriate involving residents in the process.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of professional surveys focusing on responsive repairs, Voids and Aids and adaptations.
- Engage with residents and their representatives, ensuring they are kept informed of performance, improvement plans and cost issues.
- Manage the delivery of void properties to meet the top quartile national KPI's for void properties.
- Responsible for liaising with in-house service providers and managing contractor staff to ensure the delivery of a top quality service.
- Carrying out voids inspections to ensure empty properties are ready and up to standard ready to be re-let.
- Experience within a social housing provider in a technical remit.
- Technical Knowledge sufficient to manage large and complex responsive maintenance and repairs programme across a range of different stock types.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team to deliver objectives and targets.
- HND/HNC or degree level qualification in surveying/ building construction or similar.
- Experienced in dealing with complaints, residents visits and communicating with Housing officers.
- Experience of surveying in a social housing or private rent environment.
- Must be familiar with schedules of rates and also have knowledge and experience of the price per Property cost model that are used.
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Competency in the use of IT, including Excel
This is an ideal opportunity to work for a well renowned and expanding company and to gain invaluable experience within the field.
What to do next...
If you are interested in the position or wish for further information please submit your CV in Word format