Risk Manager - Infrastructure
- GBP50000.00 - GBP60000.00 per annum + additional benefits
- UK, London
- Construction & Engineering, Civil & Structural
- 3rd January 2018
- Job Type
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum plus benefits including holiday, pension, private healthcare etc.
A highly respected global Engineering Consultancy is seeking to strengthen its London advisory team with the introduction of a Risk Manager. This is a new hire to further support targeted growth through this year and beyond.
This role will significantly enhance your project management, engineering, business development and project risk and value management skills. It will also give you the opportunity to work in a variety of technical fields and industry sectors including Rail, Highways, Energy and Aviation. You will be empowered by the business and fully accountable for driving the strategy
As a leader in their field and with an exceptional brand behind them, our client will give you access to the best clients and the best projects. They enjoy fantastic staff loyalty and have excellent learning and development programmes in place which will help you in achieving your professional goals.
As a stand alone Risk Manager you will be responsible for;
- Supporting the wider Project Management advisory team
- Defining and developing the value management service offering
- Assist in growing the business via sales and marketing activity targeting existing clients and new business
- Hiring and developing a Risk Management Team
- Providing risk management advice to internal and external clients in a variety of market sectors
- Working across different project lifecycle stages
- Facilitating risk workshops and applying other risk identification techniques
- Assessing risk (e.g. CAPEX, OPEX, schedule, revenue and reputation) qualitatively and semi-quantitatively
- Quantifying CAPEX & schedule risk exposure using Monte Carlo simulation
- Reporting and advising on risk exposure and risk response plans to senior project staff.
To be successful in this role it is anticipated that you will:
- Be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relative subject such as Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Hold demonstrable experience in risk management gained working in the civil engineering / infrastructure markets for a Client, Main Contractor or Consultancy
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have the tenacity and determination to build a team and drive new business
- Be prepared to spend time in Client's offices and travel, both domestically and internationally
Please apply online with your current CV if you're interested in this role.