Senior Project Manager
- Auckland, Auckland Central
- Construction & Engineering, Project Management
- 7th November 2019
- Job Type
This Tier 1 contractor is certainly continuing to make a name for itself with spotlight projects in the Auckland market and immense capability and experience in their teams, having just secured a large $150M+ new project! Supported by a partner company, one of the largest construction firms in the world, this client will continue to make strong headway in the years to come. They provide professionalism, high quality service, stability for their teams and nationally recognised projects.
This Project Manager's role will be situated on their largest site in Auckland, responsible for driving projects and personnel to meet or exceed agreed time, cost and quality outcomes while ensuring implementation of optimal HSE practice and the development and maintenance of exemplary Client / Stakeholder relationships. You will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of assigned projects are managed through design, tender and delivery to leading industry standards within a highly professional and commercial environment.
You will be responsible for the day to day management including but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all HS&E policies and procedures, and drive change around a safe working culture
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the project specification requirements and follow through to ensure compliance
- Ensure quality requirements are met and provide oversight and review of subcontractor works
- Ensure best construction techniques are incorporated into tenders and working drawings
- Identify and appropriately manage delivery risk associated with projects and fully understand construction and target programmes including all details
- Ensure effective tender lettings are in line with budget and all project expenditure is reviewed, and cost recovery strategies are implemented where possible
- Effective client liaison and relationship management, including consultants, funders and other key stakeholders
- Work for a highly competent and growing Tier 1 contractor
- Permanent and stable position with progression opportunities
- Work on a large multi-million dollar site with the team to match
- Monthly drinks and social events
- Additional annual leave on offer
- Involvement in supporting charities and industry foundations
If you are ready to step up to the challenge of supporting this busy site, with a high performing leadership team on site, this is a role which will keep you busy everyday. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant culture, growing team, where your supportive role can make a difference.
Please contact Rachel McNickle on 09 303 9093 for a further discussion on your application, or apply now!