Block Management Team Leader
- GBP58000 - GBP60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Landlord & Tenant
- 20th December 2017
- Job Type
Block Management Team Leader - Award winning, prime estate portfolio
An experienced Team Leader is required by a well-established property management firm based in South London
This firm have been providing comprehensive block and estate management services in London for over 40 years.
They are experts in the field, managing more than 12,000 units with over 100 clients across the London.
This company were established with the focus on professional delivery of services to clients, wanting to deliver more than just the basic advice within a competitive industry, this company look to prioritise adding value to client relationships, delivering best practice, and focusing on delivering knowledgeable advice at the highest service level.
With a growing client base comes the requirement to expand the team. This firm are conscious not to overload there current team (which is why staff retention is so high) and as they expand will expand the team in line with this. They deliver a high level of customer service to their clients and want this to be the focus of all employees.
The ideal Team Leader will have experience in managing a team and high end residential developments.
Duties for this position include (but not limited to):
- The management of a property management team including Assistants, Managers and Senior block manager
- Oversee regular inspections of managed portfolios of your team, usually monthly but as necessary, to check upon the condition of the buildings and grounds, ascertain works of repair and to monitor and supervise on site staff and contractors.
- Liaise with Developers, Resident Directors, Committees, lessees, residents, contractors and others as required, including dealing with telephone calls, faxes, emails and personal visits expediently and in a timely and courteous manner. Ensuring that all appropriate people are kept fully informed.
- Oversee production of annual service charge budgets in conjunction with the Accounts Department and the Developers/Resident Directors, as appropriate. Subsequently, ensuring that costs incurred stay in line with budgets.
- Instruct appropriate contractors for works of repair and/or maintenance, working within Landlord & Tenant Act procedures, including any changes to the Section 20 Act made in 2002, and the company's internal procedures in that regard. Subsequently supervising works as required, ensuring invoices are correct and approving them.
- Oversee insurance claims and associated works, liaising with loss adjusters and others as appropriate.
- Supervising staff and contractors as appropriate, ensuring the proper day-to-day running of the properties, buildings, grounds, plant and equipment.
- Checking compliance with, and enforcement of, the terms of leases and statutory requirements.
- Attending resident's meetings, board meetings and AGMs. Subsequently preparing, agreeing and circulating minutes as appropriate.
- Liaise with Accounts Department and others as required, regarding payment of service charges and other charges. Assisting with arrears collection if required, including attending court where necessary.
- Oversee specifications for major works, obtaining competitive tenders, circulating resident directors, advising them and obtaining instructions, preparing Landlord & Tenant Act Notices and appropriate supporting documentation, and circulating to lessees. Subsequently instructing contractors and supervising works in progress and on completion as appropriate. Approving (not authorising) consequent payments.
- Ensure Health & Safety Policies are delivered and ensure that on site staff and contractors, lessees and residents do so also.
The ideal Team Leader will have:
- MIRPM qualified or higher
- Extensive property management experience in a similar role
- Experience chairing AGM's
- Experience managing a team of Block Managers
- Good knowledge of service charge budget formulation, collection of service charges and dealing with arrears
- Experience of preparing and serving Section 20 notices in connection with major works to be carried out
- Experience of delivering maintenance programmes including working knowledge of periodic maintenance schedules
- A strong understanding of current building and leasehold legislation, safety procedures and health and safety processes
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, with a Pleasant, helpful and efficient manner and a can do, proactive attitude
- An ability to deal with demanding clients/customer and handle conflicting opinions
- An ability to multi-task, be highly organised, methodical and possess strong prioritisation skills
- Can demonstrate high customer focus and time management skills
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please note: CVs submitted by candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
This role offers a competitive salary of up to £60,000pa + benefits
If you're interested in this opportunity please apply now or contact Benjamin Brazil at Cobalt for further information.