- GBP34538.00 - GBP45000 per annum + plus bens
- UK, London
- Property & Real Estate, Affordable Housing
- 4th January 2018
- Job Type
BUILDING SURVEYOR - Housing Association
My client is recruiting a building surveyor to work in their Projects and Major Works teams
Salary: £37,000 - £45,000 + benefits (dependant on qualifications)
About the client;
The RSL has a progressive, commercial approach to the provision of social housing with visible new build and refurbishment projects across their catchment. They are currently experiencing a period of growth in the work they are undertaking and are expanding their property services team accordingly.
About the Building Surveyor Opportunity:
- This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking, and proactive construction professional to gain invaluable experience. You will be picking up experience in cost and budget control, technical specifications etc and in the mentoring and supervision of junior members of staff.
- You will have a track record of managing refurbishment projects with project values ranging from £1000 - £1 million or be ready to step up from a maintenance based role where you will have managed complex maintenance projects with project values of approaching £100k.
- You will be expected to be able to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to new build development and regeneration projects by inputting into those projects at inception stage, with a view to long term maintenance objectives should this be a career path you wish to explore
Requirements for the Building Surveyor:
- Relevant projects or complex maintenance experience within social housing or working indirectly within a social housing environment
- A customer and tenant focused attitude
- A commercial and can do approach, to drive projects to completion
- At least an HNC/HND in building Surveying or construction related subject
- Working towards a professional qualification or have the desire to do (MCIOB or MRICS ideally)
Please apply online with your current CV or for more information call 020 7478 2526 quoting the reference JN -122017-56104