- Negotiable + Competitive + Benefits
- UK, North West
- Property & Real Estate, Town Planning
- 8th November 2017
- Job Type
Senior Planner (12 month fixed term contract)
Up to £35,000 plus benefits.
One of the region's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies is looking to expand their Planning team in Greater Manchester via the addition of a Senior Planner. My client is recognised for their delivery of property solutions and this Senior Planner role will give the appointed Town Planner genuine scope to work on some the of region's most prolific and recognised regeneration projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage individual projects associated with the preparation of complex planning policy documents including policy development documents, including policy development, evidence gathering and research, sustainability appraisal and consultation
- Provide expert advice and technical understanding on complex planning/development applications and consultations
- Represent clients as an expert witness on planning appeals
- Assist with the growth of the team by supporting repeat work and maintaining a commercial perspective to all work undertaken
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation's are understood
- Handle major applications under time constraints, constructing robust reports and recommendations to complete desired and deliverable outcomes
As this role will be have a heavy emphasis on the management of mineral and waste applications it is anticipated that candidates will have a genuine interest in this area or some experience of managing mineral and waste planning applications.
The appointed Senior Planner must be a registered member of the MRTPI and be able to demonstrate a proven experience of working as a Senior Planning Officer/Consultant in either the public or private sector.
Please apply online with your most recent CV; if you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail then please contact Elliott Rumfitt on 0161 457 0105.