Queens, New York
US$100000 - US$120000.00 per annum
Assistant Project Manager
An established NYC Commercial Real Estate Development firm with over 15M sqft of mixed-use properties that covers all aspects from acquisitions through management is actively seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support capital improvements across their entire portfolio. The work will include interior fit-outs as well as exterior renovation. FISP (LL11) work is highly desirable.
* Perform as Owner's Construction Project Manager for both Tenant Fit Out and Special Capital Improvement projects for its various Commercial, Retail, and Residential property spaces ranging from less than 1,000 USF to 5,000 SF
* Ability to review and read construction plans and specifications in accordance with Owner's building specifications
* Coordinate, oversee, and monitor project activities to assure projects are completed within schedules and budgets
* Develops scopes of work, prepares estimated budgets, solicits bids and proposals from qualified contractors
* Review and Level the proposals making recommendations in awarding contracts
* Ensure construction quality work standards and lease compliance and signs off on contractor invoices based on
* Requires strong knowledge in obtaining NYCDOB/ FDNY permits and obtaining NYCDOB/FDNY sign off of all permits
* Conducts periodic surveys of the properties to identify needs and prepares project estimates and budgets
* Maintain on-site records of deliveries, delays affecting schedule and correspondence with Subcontractors and Owner.
* Keep detailed records concerning progress, delays, and cost variances.
* Calculate material if needed on the job in advance to minimize down time
* Tenant, General Contractor and Subcontractor communication
* Hold regular status meetings with project team as well as in the field and office meetings
* Submittal Processing and Submittal Log Maintenance
* Documentation Management - Daily reports, RFIs, Project photo logs.
* Punch List/Close-Out
* Job Cost Accounting, Budget Management and Project Billings
* Reviews and Approves or Prepares AIA payment applications
* Review and approve back up documentation for payment as related to percentage of completion of work scope
* Assures project legal documents are completed and signed and ensures that all insurance requirements are in place
* 2+ years of construction project management experience
* College degree preferred.
* Knowledge of NYC DOB building codes and approval process
* Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project)
* Have a clean and valid driver's license
* FISP (Local Law 11) Façade Experience a plus
The above salary range represents Cobalt's good faith and reasonable estimate of the possible base compensation range at the time of posting and is one part of the total rewards package this client provides to employees.