Chief Estimator - Interiors
- USD175000.00 - USD215000.00 per annum
- Construction & Engineering, Cost Management/Quantity Surveying
- 7th February 2020
- Job Type
Chief Estimator, Interiors
c$200,000 Base + Bonus + Benefits
With a high level of client retention our client is a well-established GC operating in the Retail, Commercial and Residential market. Due to increased growth they require a talented, hands on Chief Estimator to elevate the Estimating team and allow the company to review more projects as their business development results grow.
- Responsible for the oversight of the estimating process for all projects across the US
- Establish standardized procedures, methods and processes for estimating and training to ensure an efficient response time for all bids.
- Analyze past performance on projects, oversee historical costs and integrate these into software used to provide estimates.
- Work with the Owner, Project Executives and General Superintendents to ensure robust reporting on the status of all bids/projects.
- Lead a team of Estimators and assign responsibilities across the portfolio of inbound work.
- Review General conditions, schedules, scopes of work and all logistical concerns of projects.
- Maintains and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR A GENERAL CONTRACTOR SPECIALIZING IN INTERIOR FIT OUTS TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Strong computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is mandatory. Knowledge of the Procore system would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong communication, analysis and mathematical skills.
- A proven ability to lead, recruit, train and inspire more junior Estimators.
- AS Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
- At least 10 years' experience working on Interiors projects, ideally Retail or Commercial projects with timelines of 3-12 months.
Attractive base + bonus + benefits